Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Finally Read A Book! (Non Self-Help)



It has been longer than I can remember the last time I read a book...an entire book, that wasn't about grammar, music, broadcasting, or leadership. I hate to admit it, but I hate reading fiction and rarely have the need to read an entire book. I'm good after about 3 chapters. This book took me nearly a month to read. A chapter here, a chapter there. There are two things that strike me about this book. 1) The author has a masters degree in English, writes for Rolling Stone and DJ's on the local radio station...So it isn't too far from what I've been reading. 2) This is a SAD book. He lost the love of his life! Married for just a short while...she died. It shook the foundation of his soul...his life was over. It made me cry, made me wonder how it is in his shoes. Not what I normally read...I like it light, funny, and quick.

If you love music, well written sentences, and an occasional expletive...this book is a must read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would be the name of this book.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on reading an entire book from beginning to end! You can now scratch that off the list of things to do before you turn 40. :)

Anonymous said...

What, no AI kickback? Your losing it. My guess will be Chris goes away tonight