I'm about two weeks out from returning back to my wife and kids. My first weekend home has already been booked out to playing with the kids, quite time with my wife, and NFL Sunday...actually on Sunday. Complete with Margaritas, salsa verde, and chips. The following is a list of things I'll miss and not miss after I leave:
What will I miss:
1) Seeing the Al Rasheed everyday on the way to work. The events that happened in that building have changed me forever.
2) BACON! As little or as much as I want.
3) A sense of duty and accomplishment.
4) A routine that rarely changes.
5) The smell of eucalyptus trees.
6) Working with my new VO friends. (I will keep in touch!)
What I won't miss:
1) BACON! As little or as much as I want.
2) Any sort of meat product in mass quantities.
3) MY MUSTACHE!
4) Carrying a weapon 24/7.
5) A routine that rarely changes.
6) Seeing the Al Radheed. It often brings tears to my eyes.
7) DIRT EVERYWHERE! Did you know I'm allergic to dust?
8) Salt stains because I sweat too much.
9) Doing laundry at 5AM in the same place nasty dudes do.
10) BEING AWAY FROM MY FAMILY. I MISS THEM A LOT!
fyi. Mustache update coming soon. It is really starting to grow in. Don't forget to vote...even if I spelled "Awful" wrong.