Saturday, November 10, 2007

What's In A Name?

To increase blog traffic, you need to know who you you're writing for and what you're writing about! My friends at audio'connell and The D-Ring both just wrote interesting blogs on this topic. I currently have three different blogs. One hasn't even started, the other is dependent on me being on the radio...and this one...Broadcast This! I think lately, it has been a bit scattered...at best. Does this draw people in? Or does it only feed my current friends and family? Well I think I should keep Broadcast This! focused on all things, well, broadcast! New media, challenges, tips, tricks, VO... Kasbah Radio will be focused on all things RADIO. Likewise, Opposites Attract will one day be about...well, I'm not sure yet.

So that brings us up to the present task at hand. What should I call my new blog? It will be about everything else I like to blog about. My day in the life type of stuff. I want to keep it sort of branded with Broadcast This! I'm thinking________________ This! Since, I'm a big fan of new media, and citizen journalism, I WANT YOU TO PICK THE NAME OF MY NEW BLOG! That's right! YOU! Send me in your name for my new blog, then I will post a poll on the side bar. Then starting 1 Jan 08, I will change the name. Are you in? Send your response to my e-mail: afnbroadcaster@gmail.com

Let the fun begin!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How about "F*ck This!" You could just go off on rants about things that piss you off. Or possibly "Crochet This!" and target all the niche crafters and scrap bookers out there. Or have you considered "Read This!"? A little bit demanding, but nobody ever said there's anything wrong with bullying people into visiting your blog.

Lana said...

You could go with Do This and cover all travel things you and the fam have done or want to do. Or Lick This and talk about all the intresting flavors on things we lick on a daily basis...the possibilities are endless. My favorite though is Anything But This you could cover all your fav entertainment topics and people.

Unknown said...

Just use the one I use once in a while.. " My thoughts " or Thoughts for the day !!

Anonymous said...

I think "That & This" would cover all topics you want to discuss

Anonymous said...

"Tap This," or "ADD That!" Too many blogs me thinks.

Anonymous said...

Love the family blog idea. Understandable about keeping the broadcast blog in the professional loop. When do you fly to Italy?

BBB Rider said...

Actually - to develop prima's post - I think "ADD This!" would be cool!

You get the play off the disorder - and hey - who isn't nowadays and you could do it with a groovy graphic pointing direct to the RSS feed on the Blog...