Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Deployed For The Holidays

I want to thank all of the brave men and women who won't be home for the holidays. Your service is admirable. May where ever you end up celebrating the holidays this year be safe. If you happen to be at the International Zone. Stop by and tell Mr. Lee "hello" for me. I've spent two Thanksgivings with him. (Manager Int. Zone DFAC) For those of you who haven't deployed over the holidays...or know of someone who has...there is some good news. Besides the less than desirable location...DFACS (Dinning Facilities) across the land really go above and beyond to make it fun. Here is a video from a fellow FJI co-worker from last Thanksgiving:



Check out my Easter blog from several years back to see how they celebrate Easter in Iraq. The picture on the bottom is funny and disturbing at the same time.
I also want to say a special "Happy Holidays" to my co-worker who just left for my home away from home. He will be gone over several big holidays. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to contact Jeremy directly.
You can also see and hear the stories of other brave men and women on Faces of Freedom.

No comments: